Prior sign-up bonuses have ranged from 25,000-30,000 Starpoints, but now through the end of the month they are offering 35,000 Starpoints after meeting the minimum spend requirement. The minimum spend requirement for the personal card is $3,000 in purchases within the first three months, which is a relatively easy threshold for most people to reach. Other perks of having the SPG AmEx include:
- No foreign transaction fees
- Complimentary in-room premium internet access
- Complimentary access to over 1,000,000 Boingo Wi-Fi hotspots worldwide
- Up to 5X Starpoints on SPG Hotel purchases & 1X Starpoints on everything else
- $95 annual fee (waived for the first year)
The timing of this promotion couldn't have worked out any better for me. I'm only $200 away from meeting the minimum spend requirements on my Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard, so I was in the market for a new card anyways. I immediately applied when I first got word of the promotion on One Mile At A Time.
The SPG AmEx will be a great way to diversify my credit card and points portfolio. This will be my first hotel branded credit card so I'm excited to redeem these Starpoints for some stays at Starwood's premier brands.
Deric "Passenger" Poldberg