It was only a matter of time before I added the AMEX Platinum Card to my wallet, but I didn't anticipate it was going to be this week! I was checking the balance on my AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card when I noticed that my $195 annual fee had posted. At that point I just had the hardest time shelling out money for hardly any benefits. If I'm going to pay for a card, it might as well be worth my while, right?
So I phoned up AMEX and applied for an upgrade! Now instead of paying $195 a year I'm going to be paying $550, but hear me out. The AMEX Platinum Card is arguably the best credit card in the world. The benefits are endless:
- $200 airline fee credit
- $100 Global Entry or TSA Precheck credit
- $15 monthly Uber credit
- 5X points on airfare
- 5X points on hotels booked through AMEX travel
- Access to Delta Skyclubs when flying Delta that same day
- Priority Pass Lounge Membership
- Access to AMEX Centutioun and International Lounges
- Starwood Preferred Guest Gold Status
- Hilton Honors Gold Status
On top of all that they offered me a 25,000 point sign-up bonus after I spend $2,000 within the first two months. I've even seen that offer as high as 60,000 for some people. So while it seems like a ton to pay for a credit card, I'll definitely get my money back and then some.
Who else has the AMEX Platinum Card? What are your thoughts?